Search This Blog
Saturday, January 1, 2011
050. The Caldebeck Fountain. September 2009.
Re-installing the Caldebeck Fountain in September 2009, which had been away for repairs for a considerable length of time. Today, January 1st 2010, the work is still unfinished, as a replacement lamp is needed for the top.This lamp was originally fuelled by gas. The fountain, up to some years ago, stood away to the right of this scene, and was placed here in recent times when the roundabout was created for safer driving. Originally called Market Square, the name has now been changed to Malcomson Square in memory of the Malcomson family, founders of the famous cotton-mill nearby, which lasted from circa 1825 to 1875.
Click on the picture to see an enlarged version.