Sunday, June 12, 2016

Picture from the Past

A postcard showing the Bridge, Presbyterian Manse, etc from circa 1905.

The postcard by Lawrence of Dublin, kindly loaned by a local person, showed considerable 'wear and tear' which had to be attended to. The scene is of much interest, as it shows a house on the right side which has been replaced some years ago by a building to do with waterworks on the adjacent Clódagh river.
A lady, wearing white clothes, and a gentleman in dark attire with a walking stick, could be seen on the left side of the house's gable-end when the original was greatly enlarged on computer.
The title on bottom left of the card was somewhat blurred in the original.





No comments:

Post a Comment