To finalise the 150th anniversary celebrations at St. Patrick's Church, Portlaw, on October 14th 2008, a special mass with much pomp, ceremony and music was held, which attracted a record attendance. This was followed by refreshments for all in a tent/marquee erected in the church grounds.
Here the church can be seen in a postcard by Lawrence of Dublin from circa 1905. Many were puzzled by the non-existence of the present bell tower. This was added on in 1910. On close inspection of the original card, it appears the bell was hung from a wooden or cast-iron frame in the cemetery, to the extreme right of the picture. Three people, including a clergyman, are visible in this picture, two outside the church gate and one at the sacristy door.
This concludes this series.